Breaking Point Release Date: 1 December 1994 (Hungary) Genre: Thriller Director(s): Paul Ziller (Snakeman, Android Apocalypse) Writer(s): Michael Berlin (Robo Warriors) & Eric Estrin Starring: Gary Busey, Kim Catrall and Darlanne Fluegel The credits for Breaking Point rolled just a few minutes before Jim Wynorski called me to record his interview for the Your Video […]

Autor:

I like watching movies and I like to share its

Breaking Point
Release Date: 1 December 1994 (Hungary)
Genre: Thriller
Director(s): Paul Ziller (Snakeman, Android Apocalypse)
Writer(s): Michael Berlin (Robo Warriors) & Eric Estrin
Starring: Gary Busey, Kim Catrall and Darlanne Fluegel

The credits for Breaking Point rolled just a few minutes before Jim Wynorski called me to record his interview for the Your Video Store Shelf Podcast (all the cool kids are listening to it). When Jim did call, I told him of Breaking Point’s one defining factor; eight minutes or so of a male stripper gyrating around a stage. At this point, Jim simply replied, “I wouldn’t even give eight seconds to a male stripper.” And with more than seventy movies to his name(s), I’m having a hard time remembering Jim giving one second to one.

The good news is that Gary Busey is not the stripper in question. The bad news, however, is that regardless of who is doing the stripping, Breaking Point is still 9% male stripper. This would be forgiveable if the other 91% was a kickass detective film, but alas, it is not.

A pre-motorcycle-crash-that-made-him-crazy Gary Busey stars as Dwight Meadows, a homicide cop who quit the force long ago and never wants to look back. Now a rowing instructor, Meadows is pulled back into the game by a serial killer that is copying the exploits of the infamous Surgeon. It’s not long before this psycho is looking to pick off both his new partner and ex-wife (Catrall). Let the half-naked male ass and over the top psychosis begin.

Director Paul Ziller, who is a veteran of these cheapie films, does a perfectly acceptable job behind the camera of Breaking Point. It’s everything else that’s out of of order. The script is so about as predictable as you get, and when Busey isn’t on the screen the movie plummets you into boredom.

Far from worth a look.

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 3.0/10 (1 vote cast)
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
Breaking Point, 3.0 out of 10 based on 1 rating

Comments on this entry (no comments)

Did you like this post? You can share your opinion with us! Simply click here.

Add Your Comment